Simple. Tasty. Healthy. Need we say more? Try these cool desserts on a hot day.
- Blend four ripe bananas. Add 1 tablespoon each of maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a blender and freeze. This treat tastes like chocolate sorbet and is from the South Beach Diet.
- Melt good quality dark or milk chocolate in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Dip fresh, sliced apples and strawberries in it.
- Try Dole Fruit Dippers, Yasso frozen Greek yogurt bars, and Outshine frozen fruit bars.
- Mix whole milk cottage cheese or ricotta cheese with strawberry preserves.
Join the conversation. Share your healthy treat ideas in the comments below.
If you start sneezing or coughing at the first signs of spring, you may have seasonal allergies. Depending on where you live, spring allergies can begin as early as February and last until the start of summer. Here’s what you can do to combat these allergies and make it through the season.
David Cave, MD, PhD, director, clinical gastroenterology research, describes the pill camera which is easily swallowed to film the entire gastrointestinal system reaching the middle section colonoscopies and endoscopic procedures can’t examine. Learn more in our Health Watch video below. To see more videos, visit our YouTube playlist.
Guest blogger: Narmin Virani, RD, LDN, Clinical Dietitian, UMass Memorial Weight Center
Pop quiz: Fill the blank with the best answer: Food is_________.
- A link to our culture and roots
- All the above
Read more →